Research Mentor and Project Supervisor
Jun 2023 - Aug 2023, Medicine4Youth Organisation
- Provided expert consultation to 33 teams of high school and undergraduate students on best practices in STEM research and academic writing.
- Advised on the development and execution of research methodologies tailored to review articles, ensuring robust academic rigour.
- Served as the principal advisor in overseeing the end-to-end process of research article creation, from conceptualisation to final submission.
Feb 2017 - Dec 2020, STEM Learning UK
- Led workshops and hands-on activities, and shared my professional experiences, with the ultimate goal of breaking down the barriers that often deter students from pursuing STEM fields.
- Organised and facilitated engaging STEM workshops for over 500 students.
- Collaborated with teachers to develop curriculum-aligned STEM activities.
Feb 2017 - Jun 2018, Marketing and Recruitment Office at the University of Glasgow
- Provided campus tours and addressed queries of prospective students and parents.
- Assisted in organising and executing university open days and other marketing events.
Retail and Customer Service Volunteer
Sep 2014 - Dec 2014, Barnardo's Charity, Glasgow
Handled multiple roles from managing the retail store front, sorting and organising donations, to interacting with customers and ensuring their satisfaction.